Gasoline prices to hit record high in 2022 , averaging $5.016 on June 14, 2022. As we head into 2023, it's time to arm yourself with the latest money-saving tools. Top gas app helps you find the lowest gas prices in your area. Second, cash back offers from Gus' top credit cards can bring the effective price down even further.
Info Important Points <
- 1 2023 5 Best Gas Apps
- 1.1 1.Benefits: Works great with cash back credit cards
- 1.2 2. GasBuddy: Save up to 25 cents per gallon
- 1.3 3. Waze: Great for finding the best routes with the cheapest gas prices
- 1.4 4. AAA TripTik: Great for planning the entire trip
- 1.5 5. Gas Guru: Simplicity Is Best
- 2 Other Ways to Save on Gas
- 3 Conclusion
2023 5 Best Gas Apps
1.Benefits: Works great with cash back credit cards
Upside is a free app that saves you money every time you fill up. Download the app to see a map of all nearby offers. Receive cash back at over 45,000 gas stations nationwide (conditions apply).
- Regular, Mid-Grade, Premium and Diesel
- The app also shows restaurants and grocery deals
- The referral program provides a bonus every time a referrer makes a qualifying purchase
- Cashback can be redeemed via gift card, direct deposit, or via PayPal
- Available for iPhone and Android
- Only 4 hours after activating offer
- You must take a picture of your receipt/save your receipt
2. GasBuddy: Save up to 25 cents per gallon
GasBuddy is a combination of an app and a Pay with GasBuddy card, both of which are free to download and use. You must first enroll in the Pay with GasBuddy program (via app or online). A GasBuddy card will then be mailed to you. To use your GasBuddy card, you must link it to your checking account.
- Available at 95% of gas stations
- >Offers up to 25 cents per gallon and seasonal and station-specific promotions
- The Pay with GasBuddy card is not a credit card, so no credit check is required
- App available for iPhone and Android
- GasBuddy shares your personal information and location with third-party advertisers
- Paying with a GasBuddy card will void your credit card benefits
3. Waze: Great for finding the best routes with the cheapest gas prices
Waze is a free app that helps you find the lowest gas prices along your desired route, making it a great road trip partner. After downloading the app, you can view nearby gas stations and filter by price.
- No registration required
- Compatible credit card rewards program and other discounts
- User alerts for traffic jams, car crashes, police traps, and construction delays
- Easily view nearby gas stations and gas prices from anywhere
- iPhone and Available for Android
- No Limited Offers
- Pricing information depends on users providing accurate information
4. AAA TripTik: Great for planning the entire trip
Online Or use AAA TripTik, available via the AAA Mobile app, to plan your entire road trip, including stops at hotels, restaurants, and gas stations. stations, attractions, etc. This app allows you to find gas stations along your route and helps you choose the lowest priced gas station.
- Helps you quickly find AAA approved hotels and gas stations. Restaurants
- You don't have to be a AAA member to use the trip planning feature
- Create a travel time and distance summary
- Register or Certain Payment Methods
- Supports Credit Card Rewards Programs and Other Discounts
- AAA Mobile App Available for iPhone and Android
- No Exclusive Offers
- Lots of App Features Only Available to AAA Members
5. Gas Guru: Simplicity Is Best
Gas Guru is a free app available for iPhone and Android. Simply download and install the app on your device to get started. The app allows you to save and label the gas stations you frequent so you can easily see the latest prices. You can then compare the prices of your favorite locations to see which location offers the best deals.
- Less ads, simple and user-friendly interface
- No need to create an account
- Popularity Best used with other map apps and credit card rewards programs
- Pricing is not as accurate as other apps
- No Limited Offer
Other Ways to Save on Gas
Finding the lowest prices is just part of saving on gas.
- Take advantage of gas reward programsGasoline reward programs are offered by gasoline retailers to help you save gas. Most of the largest gas retailers, including many grocery stores that offer gas stations, offer some sort of discount program.
- Choose the best gas credit card for you. Provide incentives for gas purchases. Many cash back cards offer 2% to 3% back on every qualifying gas purchase, but some top gas cards offer more.
- Buy gas on Monday. A 2022 study by GasBuddy found that gas prices in 2021 are on average lower on Mondays than on any other day of the week. Thursday was the most expensive day.
- Please drive carefully and respect the speed limit. Being safe and obeying the law is a good idea for many reasons. Saving money on gas is one of them. The U.S. Department of Energy found that reducing speed by 5 to 10 miles per hour improves fuel economy by 7 to 14 percent. Using cruise control is a great way to control your speed.
- Reduce the use of air conditioning and heat. Instead of setting the air conditioner to automatic, consider using a fan or opening a window when the outside air is close to the desired temperature in the room.
- Inflate the tires. The Department of Energy has found that keeping your car's tires at the recommended pressure can improve your car's fuel economy.
- Carpooling works well. This is a great way to save money. For both gas and maintenance, enjoy the company of other people on the way to work.
- Find out which cars are fuel efficient. Newer cars are often much more fuel efficient than older ones, especially petrol hybrids, plug-in hybrids and, of course, electric vehicles. For example, Kelley Blue Book found that a hybrid/alternative energy vehicle costs just $76 a month on gasoline, while a midsize car costs $129 a month. This is based on his five-year average of gas prices, assuming the average driver drives about 15,000 miles per year (at various speeds).
While you can't control the price of gas, there are many things you can do to reduce your spending. He starts by using one of the major gas apps. There are many other ways to save money on gas. For example, you can run your current car more efficiently, get cash back when you pay for gas, or switch to a more fuel-efficient car. Understanding all the ways you can save money on gas can reduce the impact on your budget.